.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Today at P2P Foundation Blog: A Review of Makers, by Cory Doctorow

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephan Kinsella said...

So. I got this book on your recommendation, Kevin. Unfortunately, the very reliable Luke Burrage of SFBRP gives it a horrible review--and he usually strains to find the good things in sci-fi books. See his review.

December 04, 2009 10:23 AM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

I didn't see a link to the actual interview, and from the context it seems to be a podcast which might be several hours' download on my dialup connection.

Have you received the book yourself and started reading it yet? I'd be interested in your independent assessment.

As you can tell from my review, my own reaction was pretty enthusiastic.

December 06, 2009 10:40 AM  
Blogger Stephan Kinsella said...

Kevin, it's a podcast. Luke is great. I listen to him all the time--get tons of recomemndations from him. BUt I have never heard him savaage a book like this. I just can't bear to read it now. I recomends part I out of 3, only.

December 07, 2009 6:00 AM  
Blogger Stephan Kinsella said...

Sorry, I meant: Luke recommends part I of the novel, but not overall, because of how terrible the writing is in parts II and III.

December 07, 2009 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home